MEDIC FIRST AID INTERNATIONAL – Basic First AidCategory: Back to MEDIC Courses
MEDIC First Aid is a worldwide leader in CPR/AED and first aid emergency care training programs for business, industry, and the public. MEDIC First Aid training programs have been used to teach and certify emergency care and first aid providers in the business, the general industry, and the public since 1978.
About the Course
This training is very interactive with instructor and student demonstrations. Students are given comprehensive step by step training on specific first aid applications. This extremely flexible program meets OSHA and other federal and state regulatory requirements for training employees on how to respond and care for medical emergencies at work.
Who should register for this course?
This course is suitable for all individuals.
- Emergency First Aid Care
- Recognising an Emergency
- Deciding to Help
- Personal Safety
- Using Barriers
- Assessing for Response
- Mechanism for Spinal Injury
- Activating Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Basic Life-Supporting Skills
- Airway-Head-Tilt, Chin-Lift
- Clearing the airway – Long Roll
- Protecting the Airway – Recovery Position
- Breathing – Ventilation Mask
- Breathing – Ventilation Shield
- Circulation – Chest Compressions
- Initial Assessment
- Unresponsive Patient
- CPR for Cardiac Arrest
- Bare, Prepare, and Place Pads
- Troubleshooting Messages
- Control of Bleeding
- Managing Shock
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Ongoing Assessment
- Warning Signs of Serious Illness
- Mechanism for Significant Injury
- Specific First Aid Problems
- Moving Patients
- Emotional Impact of Providing First Aid Care
Basic First Aid Student Pack, including: Student Guide, Wallet Skill Guide, Successful completion Card
Course Duration and Assessment
The training is one day. Students are evaluated through Instructor observation of the reasonable performance of skills. Performance and written evaluations are available and optional for use. Qualification is valid for two years.