NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and SafetyCategory: Back to Distance Learning/Self Study Courses
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working to international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice. Upon successful completion of the certificate, delegates can apply for a membership with the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
Who should register for this course?
This course is suitable for individuals who aspire to gain health & safety knowledge on how to manage risks and hazards in any area of any business. It is also particularly suitable for individuals who are interested to embark on a career in Health, Safety, and Environment.
The syllabus is divided into 3 units, (1) Management of International Health and Safety; (2) Control of International Workplace Hazards; and (3) International Health and Safety Practical Application. Each of the first two units is further divided into a number of elements. There are 13 elements that cover a range of workplace hazards and methods of control and are as follows:
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Act
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
The third unit which is the International Health and Safety Practical Application is aimed at assessing a candidate’s ability to complete successfully two activities and they are as follows:
- Safety Workplace Inspection
- Report Writing
Distance Learning Duration and Exam Arrangements
You should aim to complete your studies within twelve months of enrolling in the course. When you are ready to take your exams simply email us and we will provide you with details of the next available exam dates.
Distance Learning Package
Distance learning is an affordable and flexible learning option.
Upon enrolling, candidates will receive a comprehensive study package.
- Course books specially designed for the international market
- A link to NEBOSH website to download Examiners reports
- Mock exam paper for Units 1 & 2
- Unlimited advice and support via email, phone or fax
- Feedback and guidance on your mock exams