NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at WorkCategory: Back to Distance Learning/Self Study Courses
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work is an introductory level qualification, developed in conjunction with the health and safety regulator for Great Britain, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is structured around HSE’s approach to controlling the risks caused by workplace hazards.
Who Should Register for this Course?
Anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks including those who undertake risk assessments. The content will be particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, SHE champions and union and health and safety representatives.
At the end of the course, you will learn how to:
▪ Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
▪ Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
▪ Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner
▪ Identify suitable control measures
This qualification will help you:
▪ Develop straightforward practical skills to manage workplace risks something all employers need
▪ Build confidence in your risk assessment capabilities
▪ Contribute to the creation of a safer and healthier workplace as soon as you return to work
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be asked to watch a video of a real workplace and complete a risk assessment to identify how you would manage and prioritise the risks present.
Distance Learning Duration and Exam Arrangements
You should aim to complete your studies within twelve months of enrolling for the course.When you are ready to take your exams simply email us and we will provide you with details of next available exam dates.
Distance Learning Package
Distance learning is an affordable and flexible learning option. Upon enrolling, candidates will receive a comprehensive study package.
- Course books specially designed for the international market
- Mock exam paper
- Unlimited advice and support via email, phone or fax
- Feedback and guidance on your mock exams