NEBOSH Fire Safety CertificateCategory: Back to Distance Learning/Self Study Courses
This qualification is designed for anyone who has fire safety responsibilities in a small to medium sized organisation. It provides the knowledge and understanding, when combined with relevant experience, to carry out an effective fire risk assessment, as well as embed good practice in the workplace.
About the Course
The Fire Safety Certificate (FSC) will allow you to:
- Ensure your organisation meets its fire safety responsibilities.
- Understand the risk to people and buildings from fire and explosion hazards.
- Recognise what control measures will be required to prevent or mitigate the effects of fire and explosion.
- Recognise what should be included in emergency plans and what should be done to ensure the effective evacuation of buildings.
- Prepare a fire risk assessment.
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
FSC2: Fire safety risk assessment
Course Duration and Assessment
The FSC has two-unit assessments:
- one question paper (open book exam)
- one fire risk assessment
Elements 1 to 5 (FSC1) are assessed by a written exam lasting approx. 5 hours. Elements 5 (FSC2) is assessed by a practical assignment that should take around 3 hours to complete.
Participants must achieve the minimum pass standard (45 marks) in the written assessment unit. Grading for practical unit is either a ‘Pass’ or ‘Refer’. The qualification grade (distinction, credit, pass, refer) is only based on the result from question paper (Unit FSC1) but learners need to achieve a ‘Pass’ in both units (FSC1 and FSC2) before the parchment, NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate, is issued.
Distance Learning Duration and Exam Arrangements
You should aim to complete your studies within twelve months of enrolling for the course.When you are ready to take your exams simply email us and we will provide you with details of next available exam dates.
Distance Learning Package
Distance learning is an affordable and flexible learning option. Upon enrolling, candidates will receive a comprehensive study package.
- Course books specially designed for the international market
- A set of NEBOSH past exam questions and Examiners reports
- Mock exam paper for Units 1 & 2
- Unlimited advice and support via email, phone or fax
- Feedback and guidance on your mock exams