OPITO IMIST (International Minimum Industry Safety Training)Category: Back to Accredited HSE Course Courses
IMIST is the International version of the Minimum Industry Safety Training, also an OPITO-approved course developed for the global standard for Health and Safety. The course covers all job roles for personnel working in the Oil and Gas Industry across the world.
The course is available in 12 languages; English, Arabic, Hindi, Bahasa Malaysian, French, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, Kazakh and Danish.
- Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Working Safely
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height
- Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness. and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents. This interactive e-learning training program works by assessing the safety knowledge of an oil and gas worker during a random sequence of assessment questions.