NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at WorkCategory: Back to NEBOSH Courses Courses
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award provides a best practice introduction to workplace health, safety, and risk that is relevant to all industry sectors.
This qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher-level NEBOSH qualifications including NEBOSH’s International General Certificate
Who Should Register for this Course?
This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
- Gain an awareness of common workplace hazards so you can help to implement or maintain your organisation’s health and safety management system
- Gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe
- Apply the principles of risk assessment
- Have a positive impact on health and safety in your workplace
Course Duration and Assessment
The training is spread over 3 days. After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- Considers how health and safety is managed, and how it could be done better
- Identifies health and safety issues, how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced
- Select the most important issue for improvement
- This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt and, as it is carried out in the workplace, can add instant value to your organisation
Once you have achieved a pass, a qualification parchment will be issued.