NEBOSH Oil and Gas Operational Safety CourseCategory: Back to NEBOSH Courses
This qualification is specifically designed for people with safety responsibility in the oil and gas industry.
The qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The Certificate also highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
ELEMENT 1: HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT IN CONTEXT
- Learning from Incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Safety cases and safety reports
ELEMENT 2: HYDROCARBON PROCESS SAFETY 1
- Contractor management
- Process safety management (PSM)
- Role and purpose of a permit-to-work system
- Key principles of shift handover
- Plant operations and maintenance
ELEMENT 3: HYDROCARBON PROCESS SAFETY 2
- Failure modes
- Safety critical equipment controls
- Safe storage of hydrocarbons
- Furnace and boiler operations
ELEMENT 4: FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE
- Fire and explosion risk in the oil and gas industries
- Emergency response
ELEMENT 5: LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
- Marine transport
- Land transport
The examination is a 2-hour written paper which consists of one ‘long-answer’ question and ten ‘short-answer’ questions. All questions are compulsory.
5 Days plus one day for exam.