H2S AwarenessCategory: Back to Other HSE Courses Courses
Hydrogen sulfide is a deadly substance found in many workplaces. Understanding and controlling the hazards it presents is literally a matter of life and death. The course covers the physical properties and health hazards of H2S, how to protect oneself and basic rescue techniques.
Who Should Register for this Course?
This course is suitable for individuals who are assigned to enter H2S designated areas or workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S).
On completion of the course, the trainee will be able to:
- Describe the physical properties of H2S
- Describe the occupational health effects of H2S exposure
- List the personal and general safety precautions and personal protective equipment required when working in H2S designated areas
- Describe emergency escape procedures that must be followed when a personal or facility H2S alarm sounds
- Demonstrate an ability to correctly respond to an H2S alarm
- Demonstrate an ability to correctly don, wear and operate emergency escape equipment in a simulated and/or operational environment
Course Duration & Certification
This is a one-day basic awareness course. Upon the completion of the training, the delegate shall be awarded an IHSEC certificate.