NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational SafetyCategory: Back to Distance Learning/Self Study Online Courses Courses
This qualification is specifically designed for people with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. The qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The Certificate also highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however, it is highly recommended that students have an existing underpinning knowledge of safety issues or have completed a NEBOSH Certificate level qualification previously.
ELEMENT 1: HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT IN CONTEXT
- Learning from Incidents
- Hazards inherent in oil and gas
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Safety cases and safety reports
ELEMENT 2: HYDROCARBON PROCESS SAFETY 1
- Contractor management
- Process safety management (PSM)
- Role and Purpose of a permit-to-work system
- Key principles of shift handover
- Plant operations and maintenance
ELEMENT 3: HYDROCARBON PROCESS SAFETY 2
- Failure Modes
- Safety critical equipment controls
- Safe storage of hydrocarbons
- Furnace and boiler operations
ELEMENT 4: FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE
- Fire and explosion risk in the oil and gas industries
- Emergency response
ELEMENT 5: LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
- Marine transport
- Land transport
The examination is a 2-hour written paper that consists of one “long-answer” question and ten “short-answer” questions. All questions are compulsory.
Distance Learning Duration and Exam Arrangements
You should aim to complete your studies within twelve months of enrolling in the course. When you book a Distance Learning course we will inform you of the examination center closest to you. You can choose to sit the exams at any International HSE Council training venue or at British Council offices throughout the world. When you are ready to take your exams simply email us and we will provide you with details of the next available exam dates. The British Council charges an administration fee which is payable by the candidate directly to the British Council.
Distance Learning Package
Distance learning is an affordable and flexible learning option.
Upon enrolling, candidates will receive a comprehensive study package.
- Course books specially designed for the international market and for ease of learning
- A link to the NEBOSH website to download Examiners’ reports
- Mock exam paper
- Unlimited advice and support via email or phone for 1 year
- Feedback and guidance on your mock assessments
- One-time exam registration
- Access to Live Online Class recordings