IOSH & CPD Accredited Display Screen Equipment TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is it for?
This Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Online Training course is aimed at individuals required to work using display screen equipment, such as a computer, laptop or tablet
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will give you a basic understanding of the key health risks associated with display screen equipment and what you can do to mitigate them.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of how to avoid injury while working at your computer, you can help reduce the number of lost workdays and hours due to health issues. You will also help your company to comply with regulations on the use of display screen equipment.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recall what is meant by ‘display screen equipment’
- Identify the regulations that govern the use of display screen equipment
- Recognise the responsibilities that employers have under the Health and Safety regulations
- Recognise what is meant by ‘ergonomics’
- Recognise why ergonomics should be considered when using display screen equipment
- Identify the main health risks associated with using display screen equipment
- Recognise how to minimise the ergonomic risks associated with using display screen equipment (setting up a workstation)
- Identify the measures that should be considered when using a laptop or portable device
- Identify the measures that should be considered when hot-desking