IOSH & CPD Accredited Noise at Work TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Noise at Work Online Training course is aimed at individuals who work in noisy industrial environments.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide personnel with the knowledge required to understand the hazards and controls associated with noise in the workplace.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring personnel are aware of the hazards posed by noise in the workplace and the controls that should be put in place to minimise their exposure and reduce the risk of hearing loss.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Control of Noise at Work Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recognise what noise-induced hearing loss is and identify the early warning signs and symptoms to look out for
- Recall the structure of the human ear and recognise how exposure to noise causes damage
- Identify the responsibilities and duties of employers and employees
- Recognise how noise is measured and identify the levels above which employers should take action to reduce exposure
- Identify the requirements for risk assessment
- Identify the control measures that should be implemented to reduce exposure to noise
- Identify the requirements for hearing protection; how to use the different methods of hearing protection and the importance of maintaining hearing protection
- Recognise the importance of health surveillance