NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident InvestigationCategory: Back to NEBOSH Courses
This qualification is jointly developed by NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). In this one-day course, delegates will learn how to carry out systematic and thorough investigation of non-complex incidents so that similar incidents will not recur.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however it is recommended that students have an existing underpinning knowledge of safety issues.
Who Should Register for this Course?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. Employers, supervisors, HSE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit. Attending the course will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
- Advanced incident investigation techniques
Course Duration and Assessment
The course duration is one day. It includes a practical assessment at the end of the course.