NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management ProfessionalsCategory: Back to Distance Learning/Self Study Online Courses Courses
NEBOSH Diplomas are globally recognised qualifications aimed at professional health and safety advisors and environmental practitioners.
The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (2023 specification) has been accredited and credit rated by Ofqual at RQF Level 6 with 42 credits.
There is no prerequisite for this training however it is highly recommended to have a broad knowledge of workplace health and safety. An International General Certificate or a National General Certificate is suggested.
Who Should Register for this Course?
This qualification is a perfect choice for anyone who aspires to make health and safety their career. Building upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH General Certificate, it is particularly relevant for:
- Health and safety professionals or those with aspirations to be one.
- People with health and safety responsibilities who want to gain an in-depth understanding.
The course is divided into three (3) core units.
Unit DI1: Know – workplace health and safety principles (International)
- Socio-legal models
- The International Labour Organization and its conventions and recommendations
- Non-governmental bodies and health and safety standards
- Third parties
- Organisational structures
- Health and safety culture & Behavioural change programmes
- Traditional and proactive safety management
- Risk perception
- Human failures and factors & Improving human reliability
- Competence, training, information and supervision
- High Reliability Organisations
- Hazard identification techniques
- Managing health and safety risks
- Risk management
- Loss causation & Quantitative analysis of data
- Measuring and monitoring
- Professional skills
- Societal factors
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organisation change
- Contractors & Supply chains
Unit DI2: Do – controlling workplace health issues (International)
- Occupational health services & Equality in the workplace
- Mental ill-health, Wellbeing, Workplace violence, Lone working
- Health surveillance
- Hazardous substances
- Health risks from hazardous substances
- Epidemiology and toxicology
- Asbestos and lead
- Ventilation and PPE
- Hazardous substances monitoring
- Biological agents
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Manual handling
- Workplace temperature
- Welfare arrangements
Unit DI3: Do – controlling workplace safety issues (International)
- Safe working environment
- Confined spaces
- Fire and explosion
- Dangerous substances
- Work equipment and machinery maintenance
- Work equipment
- Mobile work equipment
- Lifting equipment
- Construction, Work at height, Demolition, Excavation
- Workplace transport, Work-related driving
Certification & Assessment
The assessments focus on the application of knowledge to help you prepare for health and safety tasks you may face in the workplace:
|ID1 – Know – workplace health and safety principles||Assignment – workplace-based tasks together with simulations, reflective activities and a research topic|
|ID2 – Do – controlling workplace health issues||Scenario-based case study|
|ID3 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues||Scenario-based case study|
For each assessment, you will be required to participate in a closing interview about your submitted work.
Distance Learning Duration and Exam Arrangements
This mode of study is an Open and Distance Learning program supplemented by training sessions. For more information, please contact us.
You should aim to complete your studies within twenty-four months of enrolling for the course. When you are ready to take your exams simply email us and we will provide you with details of fees, if required, and the next available exam dates.
Distance Learning Package
Distance learning is an affordable and flexible learning option. Upon enrolling, candidates will receive a comprehensive study package.
- Course books specially designed for the international market and for ease of learning
- A link to our dropbox folder to download sample assessments
- A link to NEBOSH Reference Sources
- Supplementary materials to complement course books / Sample case studies
- Unlimited advice and support via email or phone for 2 years
- Free webinars to prepare for exams
- Feedback and guidance on your mock assessments
- One-time exam registration for all units
- Access to Live Online Class recordings