IOSH & CPD Accredited CoSHH Awareness TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is it for?
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) eLearning course is aimed at individuals working in the UK oil and gas industry who are required to carry out work with or near chemicals and hazardous substances.
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Many substances used in the oil and gas industry can cause harm to health if the appropriate precautions are not taken. This course will give you a basic overview of the COSHH regulations and how they help to protect workers from hazardous substances.
How will the course benefit my company?
Ensuring personnel are familiar with the requirements of the COSHH Regulations will help to reduce the risk of accidents, incidents and injuries occurring in the workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- The European Union (EU) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations
- The United Kingdom (UK) Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recognise how the COSHH regulations apply to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Identify the legal obligations under COSHH for both employees and employers
- Identify the health effects of working with hazardous substances, and the various ways that these can enter the body
- Recognise the importance of Safety Data Sheets, Labels and Assessments
- Recognise the common labelling system and identify standard symbols
- Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Identify the requirements for storage, handling and disposal of hazardous substances
- Recognise appropriate control measures for handling hazardous substances
- Identify the process for dealing with hazardous substances in the event of a spill
- Recall recording and reporting requirements