IOSH & CPD Accredited Dropped Objects TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Dropped Objects Training course is aimed at those who work on assets where there is a risk that objects will fall from height, such as onshore and offshore facilities, warehouses or storerooms.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Dropped objects can cause serious injuries as well as damage to assets and equipment. This course will give you a basic understanding of the common causes of dropped objects, their potential consequences and how they can be prevented.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by ensuring that personnel are aware of the risk of dropped objects present, their common causes and how they can be prevented.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (USA)
- Health and Safety at Work Act (UK)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recall what a ‘dropped object’ is
- Identify the common causes of dropped objects and their consequences and explain the importance of eliminating, or reducing the risk of, incidents occurring
- Identify the duties of employers and employees in eliminating dropped object incidents
- Identify areas with a high potential for injury to personnel should a dropped object incident occur
- Identify examples of bad practice
- Recognise the measures that should be taken to control the risk of falling objects