IOSH & CPD Accredited Fire Safety Awareness TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is it for?
This Fire Safety Awareness Online Training course is aimed at any individual, working in any industry, anywhere in the world.
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to introduce, develop and increase learners’ knowledge and awareness of the importance of maintaining fire awareness and the actions to take in the event of an emergency.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by helping to reduce fire related incidents by providing personnel with an awareness of actions to take in the event of an emergency.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
- The Fire (Scotland) Act
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify the key responsibilities of both the employer and the employee
- Identify key fire safety legislative requirements
- Recognise how to keep the workplace safe
- Recognise what to do upon hearing the fire alarm or upon discovering a fire
- Identify the fire triangle and explain how it works
- Identify typical ignition sources
- Identify typical fuel sources
- Recognise how fire spreads
- Identify different fire prevention measures
- Identify the actions you should take in an emergency situation
- Recognise the different types of fire-fighting equipment
- Identify the different types of fire extinguishers and explain what each type is used for
- Identify potential fire hazards