IOSH & CPD Accredited Manual Handling TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is it for?
This Accredited Manual Handling Online Training course is aimed at individuals required to carry out manual handling activities at work
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
The aim of this course is to increase learners’ awareness of the importance of safe manual handling operations and the risks involved with manual handling. The course also aims to outline best practice for the correct handling techniques for safe lifting, and for the pushing and pulling of loads.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit companies by reducing manual handling accidents.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recall what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and identify the importance of safe manual handling operations
- Identify the types of injuries that may result from manual handling operations
- Identify the legislation that is in place to regulate manual handling operations
- Identify the duties that are placed on employers and employees by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Recognise the importance of risk assessing manual handling operations
- Identify the factors to consider when assessing manual handling operations and identify ways of reducing the risks of injury
- Identify good handling techniques for safe lifting and the importance of working within the HSE manual handling risk assessment guidelines
- Identify good handling techniques for pushing and pulling loads
- Recognise the training requirements associated with manual handling operations