IOSH Accredited Personal Protective Equipment TrainingCategory: Back to IOSH Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Personal Protective Equipment Training course is aimed at personnel within the Oil and Gas Industry.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to increase learners’ awareness of the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and outline the legal duties and responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to PPE.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by reducing PPE related incidents and injuries.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- Control of Lead at Work Regulations
- Ionising Radiations Regulations
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recognise what is meant by the term ‘Personal Protective Equipment’ (PPE)
- Identify the different types of PPE
- Identify the legal duties and obligations surrounding PPE
- Recognise the Hierarchy of Control measures
- Recall the requirements for assessing the suitability and compatibility of PPE
- Identify the maintenance requirements for PPE
- Identify the duties and responsibilities of employees in relation to PPE
- Recognise the importance of PPE-related training, information and instruction