IOSH & CPD Accredited Confined Space Entry TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is it for?
This an awareness Confined Space Entry Online Training course and is aimed at individuals required to carry out a work task in a confined space.
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an overview of industry best practice in relation to confined space entry work.
How will the course benefit my company?
The course will benefit companies by reducing confined space entry related injuries.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- Confined Space Regulations
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and Safety Executive
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recognise how the COSHH regulations apply to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Identify the legal obligations under COSHH for both employees and employers
- Identify the health effects of working with hazardous substances, and the various ways that these can enter the body
- Recognise the importance of Safety Data Sheets, Labels and Assessments
- Recognise the common labelling system and identify standard symbols
- Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Identify the requirements for storage, handling and disposal of hazardous substances
- Recognise appropriate control measures for handling hazardous substances
- Identify the process for dealing with hazardous substances in the event of a spill
- Recall recording and reporting requirements