IOSH & CPD Accredited Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment (LOLER) Awareness TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment (LOLER) Awareness Training course is aimed at all personnel involved in lifting operations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Is previous experience required?
There is no requirement for prior knowledge or experience before completing this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
By ensuring you have an awareness of the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) and the industry best practice in relation to working with lifting equipment.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the requirements and scope of LOLER, you can help comply with the regulatory requirements. Knowledge of how to conduct safe lifts will also help to reduce the number of incidents at your worksite.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Recognise what LOLER is and to whom it applies
- Identify the general requirements of LOLER
- Identify the types of equipment and accessories that LOLER covers and its relationship to PUWER
- Identify the main hazards involved in lifting operations including positioning and installation
- Recognise the requirements for the organisation, planning and risk assessment of lifting operations, including the need for Lifting Plans
- Identify the requirements associated with the lifting of persons or ‘man-riding’
- Identify the requirements for the marking of equipment with their Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Identify the common roles involved in lifting operations
- Recognise the requirements for examination, inspection and maintenance and the role of the competent person
- Identify the requirements for record-keeping and defect reporting