IOSH, CPD & RoSPA Accredited Risk Assessment TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Risk Assessment Training Course is suitable for all personnel across an organisation to set a benchmark of knowledge and awareness of risk assessment.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to introduce, develop and increase learners’ knowledge and awareness of the importance of Risk Assessment and how it can reduce the likelihood of accidents in the workplace.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you have the required knowledge and awareness of the importance of Risk Assessment and how it can reduce the likelihood of accidents in the workplace.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written according to industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify why risk assessments are carried out
- Identify the requirements of the Risk Assessment team
- Recognise Risk Assessment terminology
- Identify the different steps within the Risk Assessment process
- Recognise how to use a Risk Matrix to evaluate the level of risk
- Recognise appropriate control measures based on the Hierarchy of Control
- Recall what is meant by ‘Initial Risk’ and ‘Residual Risk’
- Identify what to do if Residual Risk remains too high
- Recognise the factors that should be considered when carrying out a personal risk assessment
- Identify situations where ‘Stopping the Job’ may apply
- Recognise how the Risk Assessment should be communicated to the team