IOSH, CPD, RoSPA & IATP Accredited Asbestos Awareness TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Asbestos Awareness Training – IATP Accredited eLearning course is aimed at all personnel who may be exposed to asbestos at, or above, the permissible exposure levels, and personnel who perform housekeeping or maintenance operations in areas that have asbestos-containing materials and potential asbestos-containing materials.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of the hazards associated with exposure to asbestos. It will also identify where asbestos may be found, how it can potentially affect your health, and what you need to do to protect yourself from exposure.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit companies by ensuring learners have the knowledge to protect themselves from exposure to asbestos.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- The Asbestos Industry Regulations 1931
- Asbestos (Prohibitions) Regulations 1985
- Control of Asbestos Regulations
- The European Union’s directive
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify what asbestos is
- Identify the hazards of asbestos
- Identify the various types, properties and uses of asbestos
- Identify areas where asbestos may still be found and describe how to identify its presence
- Identify the risk reduction methods when working with asbestos
Identify the general procedures to deal with in an emergency involving the uncontrolled release of dust containing asbestos