IOSH, CPD & RoSPA Accredited Environmental Awareness TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Environmental Awareness Online Training course is aimed at all personnel who works in a role within the Oil and Gas Industry that may have a direct impact on the environment.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course aims to increase learners’ awareness of the environmental aspects and impacts related to the Oil and Gas Industry and the actions that can be taken to minimise environmental damage.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course will benefit companies by helping personnel become aware of actions that can be taken to reduce environmental damage.
What standards are referenced in the course?
- BEIS (formally DECC))
- Oil Spill Prevention and Response Advisory Group
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify the main environmental issues that affect the Oil and Gas Industry
- Recognise the importance of being an environmentally responsible company
- Recognise the company’s commitment to managing environmental issues
- Recognise the role of ISO 14001 in environmental management
- Identify what is meant by environmental ‘aspects’ and ‘impacts’
- Identify the activities that can contribute towards atmospheric pollution
- Identify the activities that can contribute towards water pollution
- Identify typical spill sources
- Identify the environmental effects of chemical discharges
- Identify the sources and impacts of disturbance of the seabed by the Oil and Gas Industry
- Identify the sources and impacts of noise from oil and gas operations
- Identify the activities that can generate waste
- Identify ways in which the impact on the environment can be minimised
- Recognise that everyone has a role to play in protecting the environment