IOSH, CPD & RoSPA Accredited Working at Height TrainingCategory: Back to E-Learning Online Courses Courses
Who is the course for?
This Working at Height Online Training course is for all personnel who require an awareness of the hazards involved in working at height.
Is previous experience required?
No previous experience is required to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
By increasing your awareness of the potential hazards of working at height and the steps that can be taken to reduce your risk of injury.
How will the course benefit my company?
This course is aligned with industry best practice and aims to make personnel aware of the potential hazards of working at height and the controls that can be implemented to reduce risk.
What standards are referenced in the course?
Work at Height Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
- Identify what is meant by ‘working at height’
- Identify the key pieces of legislation that help to control work at height
- Identify the duties that are placed on employers and employees by the Work at Height Regulations
- Identify the hazards involved in working at height
- Recognise the importance of planning and risk assessment
- Identify the hierarchy of control for managing and selecting equipment for work at height
- Identify the factors that should be considered when assessing the method to be used for working at height
- Identify the main methods of access for working at height and give examples of the different types of working at height equipment
- Identify the rules for working with ladders
- Identify the rules for working with scaffolds
- Recognise the importance of inspecting equipment
- Recognise how to correctly use a safety harness